When I move house do I need new locks?
But you should rekey your house!
- We have seen too many incidents of unauthorised entry to places upon the new owners or tenants moving in.
- Some have been malicious, others not intentional, but nonetheless it is important to have the external locks that make entry into your premises re-keyed or upgraded with new locks and keys.
- Consider installing one of our Registered Key Systems so that you know how many keys exist at any one time, and you can audit how many you have in your possession.
- Re-keying is important for residential and commercial properties, and whether you are the owner or the tenant.
- Tenants should request a re-key as part of their move-in costs, as unless the place is on a registered key system and all keys are accounted for, then nobody knows how many people have had duplicate keys cut.
- Posted on 19-02-14
- Posted in Locks and Keys